Friday, September 16, 2011

Lame-o

So ever since Olivia and I got back from our weeklong trip to Utah and Idaho I have been a big lame-o in the mom department. To be fair Olivia and I both got sick at the tail end of the trip and the whole thing seemed to really culminate on the drive home. Now Olivia seems to be getting better...I honestly don't feel much better but at least my throat isn't sore anymore because that is a real bummer. So we have not really left the house...and by not leave the house I mean we haven't even gone outside....yikes.

You see we could go in the backyard but the lawn/weeds that we have going on are in need of a serious mow not to mention I have to daily hose off all of Olivia's outside toys to keep the spiders and spiderwebs at bay. Since they have been neglected for almost 2 weeks I can only imagine there are probably spiders the size of Pomeranian puppies hanging out back there. Less cute and friendly but definitely just as furry! And you know I am not even that squeamish when it comes to spiders but either is Olivia and that is a real problem since I have on more than one occasion seen black widows. And a curious toddler and black widows probably aren't the best combination. They probably would not take too kindly to her poking them...we are not talking about Charlottes here...we are talking about Arachnophobia type monsters. So we have not been doing a whole lot this week. Since she is still sick too she seems to be pretty agreeable when it comes to naps and watching movies.

I feel bad because she is probably super bored compared to last week...but maybe that's why she hasn't complained. Maybe she is like her mother and needs some time to decompress and get back to regular life? We have been doing a lot of coloring, taking long baths, reading lots of stories and for some reason watching a lot of Yo Gabba Gabba? She used to be obsessed with that show when I lived with my parents and they have NickJr. Then we moved and didn't get that channel and Gabba just kinda fell off the radar for Caillou or her current obsession Horseland. Then Gabba got put on Netflix streaming and she saw the little icon and now it's all she wants to watch...I would think that she would have outgrown it...it's pretty baby-ish right? Nope she totally gets into the zone and just watches in awe. She has even dragged out all her Gabba stuffed figures and plays with them.

She is just so cute. And she is so sweet most of the time and she puts up with me as a mother and that is probably saying a lot, ha! She is just getting older by the minute and the way she plays changes by the day and she imitates me and says certain phrases I know she hears me say and it's just so funny. Today as I was talking on the phone to my mom and lamenting to her how I just felt like crap she had her little play phone out and she said "mom u jus don't understan...i so sick...i feel sooo bad mom". She is like my little mocking bird!

So hopefully me feeling better will coincide with the weather getting cooler and thus motivating me to actually make her days more exciting...since my morale and desire to be part of society really takes a hit when the weather reaches temps over like 75 degrees. I'm Nordic...we aren't made for heat!!!!

2 comments:

  1. It happens, trust me. It happens. But I have to laugh at 75 degrees -- Jane insists on wearing a sweater when it's in the 70s (she says it's cold). I guess a summer (and by that I mean from May onwards) chalk-a-bak full of 100+ degree temps breaks your brain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, it's Rachel. I didn't know Lane was logged on.

    ReplyDelete