Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Patience is a virtue...

A virtue I feel like I have when it comes to some things...my child Olivia as well as my much bigger and a hell of a lot more stubborn older child...Mitchell. I feel like I am generally a pretty patient person when it comes to everyday life things...lines at the grocery store, traffic as well as stupid drivers and rude employees at places such as Walmart. But my patience pretty much ends there. I am not very patient with my mother, I hate waiting for results when it comes to weight loss and exercise, not to mention having to be pregnant for 9 whole months felt like torture. My mother, much to my annoyance, likes to say that having Olivia was the only thing I never quit and followed through on and that was ONLY because I didn't have a choice. WHATEVER!

So what is testing my patience today? Other than Olivia screaming her protests to her late afternoon nap? Urghhhhhh my hair. I feel like I have been trying to grow it out for a hundred years! Okay so it was really short...and I have not cut it too much since it was this short...


Which was like 3 years ago? Okay it did get rather long when I was pregnant but I had to cut it about three months post partum. Why is that you ask?


Well what nobody really ever talks about and what I didn't believe even though my sister in law told me it would happen...your hair falls out 3 or 4 months after giving birth. Or starts to fall out rather and steadily just gets worse until about after 3 months of steady hairloss it slows down and then you just lose the normal pre-pregnant amount of hair daily. Which even that feels weird. For 9 months of pregnancy you don't lose any hair...none! Your hair is thick and lovely and then you have the baby and it all falls out until it works itself out and then you back to losing hair here and there in the shower. I don't know it's just gross and then the weird regrowth of hair is odd and sticks up and it's annoying.


But anyways when my hair started falling out I cut off quite a bit of hair...I regret that now. But long hair falling out is much worse than shorter hair falling out...so there you go I cut it off. And Mitch's sister cut it for me and thought I was hip and cool enough to pull off an asymmetrical hairdo. I am not cool and hip enough for alot of things...but especially not cool enough for uneven hair. I hated it and made her cut it so it was even and more blunt and there I was again with a bob and wanting to grow my hair out. So since then I have been at it again....growing it out and it is at that disgustingly annoying length right now....right at the shoulders, not past them, just resting above. Which makes me feel like this...
Which is not a good look outside the animal kingdom. It looks good on a lion but I have broad enough shoulders without my hair drawing attention to it! Urghhhhhh I HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!! I want to cut it so bad!!!!!!! I am also pretty over the darker hair and there is no way back to blonde without a significant hair cut.....

Oh be calm and carry on Emily...don't get impatient!!!!!! It is just driving me insane!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I change my hair all the time too...right now I'm either ready for a hair cut or will keep it in a pony and let it grow. But yes I agree it's driving me crazy right now too. =) You look great with short, I only remember seeing you with long hair. XOXO good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It doesn't even happen to everyone. A few women I have talked to lately just gave me a blank stare or a "oh yeah, I heard that can happen to some people" when I talked about my post-partum hair loss. It's got me feeling really unlucky. Oh yeah, a few of those girls never got stretch marks either so... we are unlucky again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. they have got to be lying!!!! okay i have heard if you keep up with the prenatal vitamins and nurse exclusively like a madwoman, no supplemental bottles you won't lose as much hair or you won't lose it until you quit nursing. also sometimes you tend to forget these things. like when you ask me about things about olivia's sleeping habits when she was little....i can never really remember it seems like she was always a good sleeper but i know she wasn't....out of sight out of mind i guess

    ReplyDelete