Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Winnie

The Pooh of course, are there really any other Winnies out there? So this particular "Winnie" has been working overtime in Olivia's room!




What's that you say? Well guess...give up? It's a Winnie the Pooh Humidifier. This is a pic I found on the Internet, I'll have to take a picture of this guy in action and post it some other time. The steam comes out of his ears...kinda weird, like he's mad or something. Anyways this has been blowing non-stop the last 2 days...baby Liv and I are sick! It's horrible! I mean bad, especially me...she seems to be coming out of it...I feel like I am neck-deep in it!

She got sick first. Waking up 2 nights ago coughing like crazy! At first I thought she was faking it. She does that for attention sometimes but she wouldn't stop. After about 10 minutes I went over and picked her up and she was burning up! Fever! I gave her some Tylenol and she went back to sleep and by morning that hoarsy cough had turned into the mucus rattling variety. Great!!!! She just wanted to be held all day. She layed on me and coughed on me and snotted on me and sneezed on me all day. Very whiny, very loopy and very unlike her usual self. The cuddling thing should have been my first clue, she NEVER wants to cuddle unless she is really tired....or apparently sick. Then last night I started to feel a little muddled in the head and sinuses and this morning I wake up and guess who else is sick, guess who else has a fever! Urghhhh I feel like I could die! I feel so sick! Besides migraines I really don't get sick that often....despite what former employers might think te he he! SHHHHHHH! Urghhh and Mitch is out of town for work and The Nutcracker is in full swing so mom can't help me....taking care of a sick baby when you are just as sick....oh it's like cruel and unusual punishment!

So....here is an aspect of motherhood I could do without! Not fun and not fair!!!!!

Mitch will be home tomorrow and I have told him he is going to physically take Olivia away to his parents house and HE is going to have her until I feel better or he has to go back to work on Monday. He is by the way the person who got her sick and me sick, he was sick all last week! But then....I am her mama and I feel like I should be the one to help her and comfort her when she is sick! I feel like Mitchell might not do what I would do or his Mom or sisters when helping him with her might do certain things differently and it just makes me leery of the whole thing! I feel like she is very used to the way I do things, the schedule of events we have....I feel like a change in her routine might make her feel even worse since babies do like to know what to expect through their daily routines. Aghhhhhh but then I think about the way she was screaming at me every-time I had to leave her for even a few seconds to get a diaper or make a bottle...and how frustrated I got "I'm just as sick as you, please stop, please just chill out"....then it feels like sleeping without interruptions will be like Heaven on earth! My body is just so achey and feels so weak I feel like I might break when I pick her up! That or I might drop her!


I don't know...we have got to get well soon...this illness is making life hell!



This is her throwing her head down mid-freakout

she's mean mugging me!

4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry. Either of those things alone are horrible, but being a sick mom with a sick baby is cruel and unusual punishment. I'm for Mitch taken Olivia. I know it might be hard, but in the long run, if you can take advantage of something like that, it'll be better for you to get better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let Mitch take her! You will both be better off for it! Get yourself better and then you can worry about getting her back on her schedual. They adapt easily...if they didn't we would never leave home! :D Hope things start looking up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh feel better!!!

    Your blog is so cuuuuute!! I'm invading all aspects of your life...first facebook, now your blog. =)

    ReplyDelete