Tuesday, June 22, 2010

ZOE


So what I am a little late to update about Olivia's fabulous grandparent date night to Sesame St Live. So what if I have already posted like 60 pictures on Facebook all about it....


And in all my nearly 29 years of being Robert Larsen's daughter and begrudgingly listening to talk radio on all family road trips I learned one key catchy phrase....


"And now the rest of the story"....


So how was it that the Lovely no so little anymore Liv got to go to her first Arco Arena entertainment event? Oh here we go again


"And now the rest of the story"....


So Olivia loves Sesame St...namely Elmo...I mean honestly who doesn't love Elmo? He is just so cute and lovable! Well about a month ago the commercials started to play on the TV. And if Olivia was anywhere near the TV she would run over to the screen clapping her hands, stomping her little feet laughing. "Mo, Mo, Mo"...as Elmo would make his way onto the screen and then as the commercial ended with Big Bird, Elmo, Zoe and Rosita dancing away she would clap her little hands on either side of her cheeks (Home Alone style) and scream. SCREAM!!!!! Like a teeny bopper at a boy band concert...it was hilarious. That girl....I am telling you she has a personality that takes up all available space in the room! She is just SOOOOOOOOO the life of the party....not to mention she also plays the role of dramatic whiner in oscar worthy type performances that play out whenever she doesn't get what she wants.



So after many spectacles of her flair for the dramatics when the commercials would play, my mom asked me; "Do you think Olivia is old enough to go to Sesame St Live"? To which I responded with "Why are you thinking of taking her"....and the rest is history. So the tickets were bought and the plans were made for Olivia to go to her first ever "without mom" event. Ironically Olivia's Aunt Ashley has a friend named Dan would just became an Uncle...or Guncle if you follow the slang. He one night found me on Facebook chat and asked me if Olivia liked Sesame Street because he had bought his niece a really cute "Zoe" shirt. I said oh yeah she likes all the characters. A week or so later I get a message on my wall that says "I bought Olivia a present".


Then a few weeks after that before getting the gift my mom says "I have to find something cute for Olivia to wear to Sesame St Live". I told her about the shirt and then she decided Olivia needs a TUTU and leggings and bows and shoes and jewelry to dress up this Zoe shirt and make her look just like "Zoe" from Sesame St. And of course she already had a Zoe doll to which mom added a few bows and ribbon so that Olivia and Zoe would be expertly coordinated.


The day 0f the evening show didn't go so well nap-wise and I was more than a little concerned that Olivia might act like a complete crazed baby zombie psycho and the money spent on tickets would be a waste. The show started at 7 and for those of you who know LeeAnne you know she was out the door at 5. "What on earth are you going to do for like an hour a half before the show, she is tired....she might freak out. She needs another nap, maybe you should leave a bit later". Well of course I didn't win that argument and off they went. I spent the next 4 hours just wondering what on earth was going on with Miss Liv. I figured she would be either totally excited or completely terrified by these giant Sesame Street guys...did I mention they were in like the second row? I texted mother a few times and got no response and I suddenly wished I had taken my parents up on the offer of going along for the ride...I wanted to see how she responded to it all!


Mom, Dad and the Livers got home around 9 PM. Mitchell and I were at his parents house and we rushed over to be there when she arrived. Mom came in first...."She loved it!!!! LOVED IT! And everyone loved her outfit and wanted to buy her doll and she is passed out still in the car". I ran out there and sure enough....dead to the world pacifier off to the side of her mouth, she didn't even flinch when I opened the door and the light came on. I heard the telltale voices of talk radio 1160...well no wonder she is asleep! "So how did she like it Dad". Now those of you who know my dad know that he is surprisingly animated and hilarious in a subtle way "She was riveted, completely riveted by those Sesame St guys". Mitchell who was a little behind me on the way out to the garage wasn't close enough to hear what Dad was saying but started laughing as he saw my dad's hand gestures as he emphasized "Riveted".



So apparently she loved it, hardly moving the entire show besides laughing and clapping. And it wouldn't be Arco Arena if there wasn't alot of greasy crappy snacks to be purchased and consumed by my "go big or go home" mentality when it comes to snacks father. She had cotton candy, chicken nuggets, fries, popcorn, and Root Beer! Root Beer!!!!! Dad of course let this detail slip "Oh she kept swigging my Root Beer"...."you gave her Root Beer", I exclaimed!!!! "Oh she only had a little sip" claimed Mom...."oh she loved it, kept grabbing the straw and sipping away" dad laughed! Leave it to dad to give away all the gory details! Being a slave to soda myself I was appalled and horrified that she had had Root Beer but I guess all's well that ends well.


And of course there is no shortage of pictures!


1 comment: