Saturday, February 26, 2011

"Another head aches, another heart breaks

I'm so much older than I can take. And my affection, well it comes and goes. I need direction to perfection....no, no, no....help me out"....

I've been listening to the Killers a lot lately. I never was a fan enough to get past "Hot Fuss" but it reminds me of a simpler time. It reminds me of Mitchell. It reminds me of when we were new and I was so in love with him. Not that I don't love him now but new love is so much more memorable and sappy than everyday love. He worked at a record store and he would bring me all kinds of new music he thought I would like, or he would find some really rare album of a favorite band. One of my favorite bands of all time is Queen. I remember he bought a copy of some really famous Queen Concert and we watched it one night all cozied up on his twin bed in his parents house, LOL. Another time he surprised me with tickets to see the Violent Femmes in concert. They don't tour very often, they getting older and it was super exciting to see them live.....I LOVE THE FEMMES!!!!!! They were SOOOOOO GOOD too! I actually found my wrist bracelet the other day in a box of old crap from that concert....awwww that was a really fun night.







(this pic is about 4 years ago...isn't that beard funny? he was shaving off a whole beard and thought it would be funny to leave it like this for a few days)




I cannot believe we have been together for almost 8 years! I have known him for like 12 years. I have always really liked Mitchell. Mitch has ADHD and so he can be rather hard to deal with at times....especially when he was younger but for some reason when it comes to him I have always had alot of patience. And I'm not someone who is always very patient. I live with a 2 year old and Mitchell so beyond them the well runs pretty dry. He is impulsive and doesn't usually think before he speaks, he is always right about everything (just ask him, he'll tell you). He thinks....wait believes really, because I know he really believes it, that he always has a better idea or plan on how to execute most anything. From a PB and J sandwich to repairing a washing machine. He's bossy, messy, stubborn, a hypochondriac and obsessive. And he drives me crazy on a daily basis. But I love him. I think when you have been with someone for so many years and have had to deal with a lot of trials and unexpected challenges you can forget and take for granted that other person in your life. Lately I don't know what happened but I feel such overwhelming love for him.




(This is when we first started dating. I told him I liked his hair long and he didn't cut it again for almost 2 years)



And before it seems like all I have mentioned about Mitchell is bad qualities let me mention his good qualities. He is really smart he can and does fix anything and everything. The older Olivia gets the better he gets with her. I feel like the older she gets the crazier she makes me. He is really patient with her long after I often feel like I could pull my hair out cause she is driving me insane! He is brave and is good at facing challenges head on when I would rather crawl under the bed and pretend I'm invisible. He knows me really well, he knows when I'm really tired or hungry or PMSing. When he gives me a compliment about something it tends to be really thoughtful and observant and usually makes me cry. He is a dreamer while I tend to be too pessimistic to even think about dreaming. He's very loyal to me and to family. He tells me I'm pretty, even though I usually roll my eyes because since Olivia has arrived on the scene "pretty" is the last thing I see when I look at myself. He tells me that I'm a good mom. That is huge because some days when I have not gotten enough sleep. Days I feel like all I have said all day long is "No" and "stop" and "get down/off" and "don't do this or that"....those days when I can't remember if I've brushed my teeth or have been braless the entire day....on those days it's enough to makes me burst into tears.




(Baby Mitch...isn't he like to die for cute!)







I just love my Mitchella and I'm really enjoying that current revelation. I mean I knew I loved him but sometimes it's harder to remember you are in love with someone when they have peed all over the toilet seat, or left all their dirty clothes all over the bathroom floor or left out food the night before and now the ants have come back AGAIN!!!!! Not to mention the constant backseat driving comments or the nagging when I've used up all the hot water AGAIN!!!! :)


So here I proclaim to the Blogosphere....


"I love my boyfriend Mitchell Francis Benveniste"...



(This pic pretty much explains me and Mitch in a picture ha ha. me dazed and him crazy!)

Aren't you all jealous that while you've just got some old husband, I've got a boyfriend HA! I think it sounds more exciting and fresh, it's not lol. Believe me after 8 years he is a husband. I just seem to currently not mind so much that I don't have a husband....sometimes I even laugh at myself and call myself a housegirlfriend....like a housewife but again sounds so much more exotic don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment