Sunday, April 26, 2009

A Mommy Moment First

So since Olivia has been born I have yet to be away from her longer than the time it takes to run to the grocery store or through a drive thru window.

This I must admit isn't so much that I can't bear the thought of being away from her as much as it has to do with laziness. I find myself selfishly sleeping when I finally manage to get her to sleep so I rarely leave my room let alone the house.

Usually when I do decide to brave the outside world longer than 20 minutes she is with me. Angrily strapped in her carseat.


Oh she loathes the carseat

Anyways my parents are out of town to my sister's graduation....a trip I was supposed to go on with Miss baby.....oh but that's another story altogether. Anyway they are gone and since my cat has been living with them since Mitch and I moved back to Roseville I needed to go over there daily to make sure he had food and was safely in the garage at night.
Now Olivia has been quite the pill the past few days...the past week really and so once and if she falls asleep I will not wake her. I don't care of there is a natural disaster if she is asleep nobody move or even breathe because damn it I might lose my mind dealing with a crabby baby all day!
So I have left the sleeping babe in the care of Mitch or his family while I try to quickly dash over to take care of Mr. Shiloh kitty-witty face
This is an old pic of Shi...I really miss my cat...sad-face!
This was a rare moment in Santa Barbara when he wasn't being
harassed relentlessly by Mitch


I also really miss Santa Barbara...yeah who would have guessed I'd ever miss that place? Well despite all efforts to pretend it was hell on earth...it was actually quite picturesque


This was taken through a car windshield

But yet again missing SB is yet another story....excuse me always getting distracted and going off on tangents

Anywho with Livvy Love soundlessly asleep I took off to my parents...about a 10 minute drive...to feed the cat.

I turned on the radio and what was playing? American Idiot by Green Day. I rarely listen to the radio so when I come across a song I actually know the words to I like to sing along.

I went to turn it up and I found myself hesitate, "don't blow the baby's eardrums out Emily", I thought to myself. You see I am one of those people. The type you pull up next to at the stop-light and think "my God that is loud if I can hear it with all the windows up in my car".

However, I have since changed my ways since Miss baby is usually tagging along.

It was my first thought though, of her. Then I found myself amused with my scattered brain because baby was not in the car with me...

TURN IT UP!!!!!!!

I rocked out...sang along and had a grand old time with myself. The song ended and what should happen next you ask? Rage Against the Machine happened next...could this drive get any better than two songs in a row in which I know all the words?

Then it dawned on me. Will I ever be that person again? I mean I am usually not one for the angry type punk music. I usually find myself listening to what Mitch calls "old hippy music", however thanks to ex-boyfriends I do find myself enjoying angry music on occasion.

Am I destined to soft playing classical music for the rest of my mommy days because I would never play Green Day or especially Rage Against the Machine with Olivia in the car.

I felt kinda sad for my lost musical identity...But then again I get to hang with one super cool cat baby for the rest of my days. In the melodic words of Julie Andrews in Sound of Music (My Favorite Things) "and then I don't feel soooooo bad".
















2 comments:

  1. Eden HATED her car seat and would never take a binki. So, I rarely took her anywhere because it was too stressful for me. She grew out of it when we were able to face her forward, but that was a long year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kam hated the car seat, but I am not one to just stay at home, so he got used to it. The more they are introduced to it, the better most seem to be. We sure missed seeing you, but I don't blame you for not coming, it is a long drive and is always hard sleeping at another home with a baby. I never liked it!
    Hope all is going well. Has Mitch found a job yet?

    ReplyDelete