Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Jeepers Creepers...



Where'd you get those peepers? So lately, in an effort to be inspired to actually print out some of the thousands of photos of Olivia over the last 19 months, I have been perusing my photo galleries on the computer. I don't know if you have noticed but Olivia's eyes are a very odd color. I have never seen anyone else with the same color! I have seen kinda similar but nothing as unique as what my girl has going on.


First they are very dark...in a lot of pictures from a distance they look like they must be brown because they are these big dark orbs staring out at you. They are not brown. In some photos if she is wearing blue they look like they might be a dark blue....they are not blue. And then there are some photos where they look green...they are not quite green. They are not hazel.




Mitch has a deep amber brown. Kind of like the color of the Carmel center of a chocolate candy.


I have....well mine is harder to describe.





Sometimes they look blue, sometimes they look green....most of the time they look green. Which is funny because when I say I have green eyes people are always surprised, check it out and then say "hmmm I always thought you had blue eyes". I think it's because most people who claim to have green eyes really have hazel eyes and so they are used to a more brownish yellowy green as opposed to a bluish green...which is what I have.


So what color describes Olivia? They are like a slate gray color from afar....upon closer inspection they are like a muted brown in the center and on the edges are the blue/green of my eyes. So strange, really unlike any other color I have seen. But the are so pretty! Someone once described them as marble like....they really are exactly like a marble or even the stone marble.


Here is my pretty girl!

1 comment:

  1. I think I have the same eye color as you. They are green some days and blue others, but then they always have this orangish-brown in the center. Odd. Olivia definitely has stunning, big eyes!

    ReplyDelete