Friday, October 15, 2010

Rocking out!

So since it has been quite some time since I have posted anything that wasn't a cry for "feel sorry for me because..." attention. I thought that since the whole point of this blog was to share pics and stories about the ever charming and dynamic Olivia Marie...maybe I should write something about her. Novel idea, I know.

Psfffttttt, what is new with the Div!? Hmmmmmm well she is 19 months old now and huge as ever! I talked to my sister the other day after Liam had his 12 month old appointment and waited with "hold your breath" like anticipation to hear that he was WAYYYY bigger than Olivia was at that age, NO SUCH LUCK!!!! She was taller than him by an inch and heavier than him by 3 pounds!!!! Aren't boys supposed to be bigger? Sheesh, if I ever have a son he will probably be even more enormous! Whatever I guess she is just gonna be a tall girl. Where she gets this from, who knows! I was looking at my baby book the other day and when I was the age she is now I weighed 19 pounds!!!!! What? Can this be right, could this be a classic mom exaggeration? Olivia was 23 pounds at 12 months and is tipping the scales at about 28 pounds theseadays. Whatever!



So Olivia is amazing in all aspects! She is becoming more and more smart by the day and I cannot believe how fast she is growing up! She is still taking a bottle before bed and still loves the pacifier....hmmmmm yeah I know, I know...bad mom! She is super in love with everyone she knows and is becoming really shy around the people she doesn't know. It's crazy how loud and nutszo she is most of the time but try introducing her to a new person and her eyes immediately hit the floor and she clings to you like static! But she's such a cutie!!



I cannot wait for the Halloween costume reveal, oh it's gonna be so cute!!!!! This was a tough decision...I mean really when you start out as an Octopus for your first Halloween you set the bar pretty high as far as uniqueness and originality goes. And since she still doesn't care I figure I am going make her be whatever I want cause pretty soon we might just venture into all varieties of Disney Princesses for the unforeseeable future. Not that I am anti-Princess, I just was super super girly as a kid because my mother made me wear all kinds of bows and ruffles and frill and I was not so into it...so as long as I get to decide she is gonna be less girly. Which by the way my mother hates!!!!!! "You are making her a tomboy Emily, for goodness sakes put a bow in her hair". Oh mother....no way am I doing that! Besides I am pretty sure it is what is going on below the belly button that makes her a girl...not a giant bow on her head or ruffley socks! But anyways the Halloween costume is gonna be good!!!! Now I just have to start making it....whoops it's already the 15th! Here is a hint...it's an animal and I have already taught her how to make the noise of said animal!!!! Yay!


This is last year's Halloween costume


Okay next topic and the meaning of the post title. Olivia is OBSESSED with rocks! Is that weird or what? In the backyard on the other side of the deck is a row of huge Redwood trees. My mother recently filled the area around the trees with rocks. Not like gravel but smallish to medium sized rocks. A month or so ago while exploring the backyard she discovered this sea of rocks and she loves nothing more than gathering them one by one and setting them on the ledge of the deck. She just lines them up and then either throws them back over the ledge or takes them over to the cat like he should be soooooo excited about her little offerings! So here is my little Geologist at work.










And here is the not even mildy amused look of Shiloh when she lays all her treasures down before him. She really worships this cat...he tolerates her. It's a love/keep away type relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment