Friday, September 30, 2011

Thoughts on Netflix and things

First of all I think Netflix streaming is psychic. The other day I was thinking you know what I would like to watch? That show Felicity, you know the one with Keri Russell. I looked it up and nope...not instant. Then a few days later I am flipping through the "New TV Shows" and there it is "Felicity". I also kinda think Netflix instant streaming is ruining my life. Let me explain. All these shows I never watched when they were on TV are on instant and literally all I have to do is hit "Play next episode". I have watched Weeds, The Tudors, Lost, The Office, Greys Anatomy, My So Called Life, Keeping up with the Kardashians, Arrested Development, Mad Men, Dexter...probably a lot more I just can't currently think of at the moment.


You see when it comes to late nights and TV I have no self control...AT ALL!!!!! I keep thinking, "Okay just one more, then I will go to bed"...but it's never one more, it's like 6 more. Then before I know it, it's like 3 AM and I am like "crap". You see I am not the type to fall asleep while watching something. I feel like some weird loyalty to not fall asleep so unless I turn it off I will not go to sleep and the whole having no self control...I can't turn it off.


Also I don't think TV was meant to be watched like this...episode after episode. There is a reason a show only comes on once a week. So this is a real problem for me. I don't know what to do. Like I mentioned there is no way if everyone else is asleep and I am completely free to do whatever I want I can resist the urge to just watch episode after episode of something. Or some crime documentary...those seem to be addictive as well....I think I have watched every "Frontline" and "NatGeo" show on Netflix.

So here is where I reach out to the blogosphere for help...since I recently discovered there is a support group for people addicted to raisins...my name is Emily and I am addicted to Netflix streaming!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment