Thursday, October 1, 2009

Beautiful baby loves beautiful people


So I believe it might be official that miss baby has a taste for country music. Yeah, I know, country music----bleh. It's alright but...well just alright. Thanks to Aunt Megan I have discovered that miss Liv really, I mean REALLY likes Taylor Swift. Let's just all be thankful it's not Miley Cyrus because the sight or sound of that child...oh her voice is like nails on a chalkboard. She is brutally obnoxious/annoying. So here's the story. I am driving Megan to some Football game or whatever and she, of course, has to take over the stereo for like the duration of the car ride...I mean honestly we could be driving to Wal-mart which is seriously like one minute away and she has to command whatever we are listening to. Anyways she pops in some mix CD which thankfully did not have any "Miley" on it but did have that garish new Black Eyed Peas song on it. "I've got a feeling"... no offense if you like that song, I just well...I don't. It probably has to due with the fact that the guy just says the same thing over and over relentlessly and redundantly and Megan for probably a 2 week period played that song relentlessly and redundantly. I am not exaggerating, if she likes a song she will just keep it on repeat for like an hour. But anyways that day it was Taylor Swift. She's not bad I guess. I think when she first arrived on the whole tween scene, which I am familiar with again because I have been living with Megan for the past year, I didn't like her because she was pretty and cute and thin. Mind you I was fat and pregnant and feeling anything but pretty.I mean her voice isn't all that spectacular. I guess it's good enough but nothing special. But she does play the guitar and does write her own songs so that's admirable. Anyways after that whole debacle at the VMA's with Kayne West basically dogging the little girl, I guess my heart went out to her. I mean she's what like 17? 18? And here is this grown man telling her she didn't deserve to win, it was rather heartbreaking to see...she didn't know what to do or say, it was sad. Anyways "TANGENT". So Megan turns on the "fearless" song and the restless fussy baby in the backseat quiets down and then begins to softly babble along....So sweet...so cute! At first I thought it might be just a fluke but Taylor Swift has come on the radio a few times since and it always has the same outcome...baby singing! Doesn't matter which song, as long as it's Taylor. Here is my theory...she loves little kids. She sees them or hears them and she lights up and squeals with delight. Taylor sounds kinda like a 10 year old. Very angelic sounding voice. So my baby likes a teeny bopper already! Oh boy...so it begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment