Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Oh it's just a little frosting

Do you remember this quote from "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days"? Matthew McConaughy comments on Kate Hudson's outrageously huge diamond necklace and she replies


"Oh it's just a little frosting"....


Somebody else got a little frosting today. Don't get too excited, no Mitch and I are not engaged lol! That should not make me laugh...but it does. Anyways somebody else...somebody little and sweet and cute!


Miss Olivia got her ears pierced! Can you believe I actually went through with it? I can't believe it! When she was born I didn't want to do it, then after some time I thought it was cute but my mother expressed a huge disapproval...not that that has ever stopped me from doing something before...obedient daughter that I am. But for some reason I just never got too serious about doing it. Mitch's mom and sisters have been hounding me about since she was still a fetus...but I figured Mother might never speak to me again. Now that I am living with her that would be terribly inconvenient. Then a few days ago I mention that people seem to always think Olivia is a boy and apparently that's all it took.

"Maybe you should pierce her ears...but I want to come and I want it to be a surprise, so don't tell anyone...and I AM NOT PAYING FOR IT"

"Wa Wa Wh-at"


Didn't see that coming...AT ALL! So then she says let's do it tomorrow. O-K. Well I chickened out. We got there and I was just too nervous about it. That and we were at Wal-Mart because I am cheap and it only costs like $10 instead of like $40 at the mall. But I didn't know the woman there (I worked at Wal-Mart for years and know most of the people there) and so I didn't trust that she wouldn't end up putting a hole on my baby's eyelid or something. But then today we go again and I see someone I know and while I am still not sure about it Mom mentions it and before I know it the ball is rolling and I am signing paperwork and picking out studs.


Poor thing didn't see it coming at all! The lady was marking her ears and she's just curiously staring at the woman. And of course they do it one at a time. After that first one she turned all red and had that delayed cry. Fellow moms you know what I mean by "delayed cry". She breathes in and looks like she is crying but nothing comes out for a good 45 seconds...then the cry...poor lady! But she recovered quickly but then when the lady came at her to do the second she knew what was coming and that was the heartbreaking part. She looked up at me like "Mama why...why". But it was over quickly and as soon as I picked her up she was fine. Afterwards we went to In-n-Out and she had her very first french fry. She pretty much just sucked on it, sucked the salt off no doubt. But she dug it.


Hopefully no one else mistakes her for a boy. And of course Mom had to take pictures so without further adieu...Baby Sparkle!




Here she is completely unsuspecting of anything being afoot...



getting ready to mark the ears with the pen


checking to see if they are marked evenly...


has no idea what's about to happen...look at her cute hand

completely aware of what is about to happen with the 2nd ear


Totally fine for the rest of the shopping trip


pretty baby at In-n-Out

Now looking very girly!

So nobody better think she's a boy!

1 comment:

  1. They look adorable! Who could think she was a boy? People aren't very smart. (Someone asked me once if Jane was a boy ... she was wearing a BOW in her hair, like she always did. Seriously.) I think the earings are precious. I thought, from the title, that you were giving Olivia frosting. You know how my mind works.

    ReplyDelete