Friday, September 17, 2010

*Insert clever post title here*

So I can't think of anything to name this post. I can't really think of anything to write about for this post. But sometimes I just feel the need to write...or type...or ramble on to the blogosphere. The past week I have been sick. Olivia got a cold...I get a cold...Mitchell gets a cold. I don't know where it came from, usually these things originate with Mitchell because he works in State Healthcare buildings. Actually works in the hospitals and health centers for those Americans who happen to find themselves in prison. But anyway it seems Olivia was the first to get to sick so maybe Mitchell isn't to blame this time. We did take her to the park on Friday, the play center in the Mall on Saturday and she seemed to get a runny nose by Sunday. We don't tend to frequent public parks or playcenters often...because, well...I'm pretty anti-social. Yes I know this makes me a bad mother, my mother lets me know this as often as possible "Emily you need to take her to places where she is around other children, blah, blah, blah". So see what happens when she is around other kids and their germs!!! She gets sick and now I am sick.



This is probably the third time I have been sick since becoming a mother. This doesn't count migraines or PMS. The first time was when Olivia was 2 months old and I got Mastitis, the next time was about the same time last year and Olivia and I were both sick with what I swear had to been the Swine Flu...it was terrible! And now this blasted cold! This is by the far the least painful of the three but at the same time feels like the worst because it's more annoying than anything else. I feel like my head has been taken over by congestion...I CAN'T BREATHE!!!!!!! And so having to breathe through my mouth makes for trouble when trying to eat and then of course sleeping is pretty near impossible. Urgh, I feel like I am going to be sick forever! And how is it that Olivia was over it in like 2 days and here I am like going on 4 days and I really don't feel any better?

I knew I should not let her kiss me or get her snotty nose on me, but how can you resist such a cuddly little sicky baby boo!!!???? Geez it's ridiculous how much I love this kid....even more ridiculous considering she often makes me feel like I am losing my mind!!

Ahhhh the joys of "Mommyhood".

No comments:

Post a Comment