Monday, June 29, 2009

One extreme or another

Is is possible for a almost 4 month old baby to be bi-polar?

I am sure this is a question many mothers have asked themselves....when one minute the baby is happy and the next she is screaming her head off.

I wish they made baby ambien...cause some sleep for Olivia and I would be nice.

She is just at this hyper-aware socially inclined age that makes naps and bedtime her last priority.

<---Here she is trying on her fancy-smancy diva extraordinaire baby bikini with Grandma Sparkle AKA Grandma Sue or Grandma Benveniste





Here is a list of her priorities as I see them;

(Here she is chewing on Ashley's chin...a task neither of them tires of)



1. smiling at everything and everyone
2. meeting and charming as many people as possible
3. kicking and flailing her arms and legs while simultaneously laughing and screeching
4. just screeching, squawking, babbling very loudly in general
5. hanging out with the aunties...screaming if I am trying to get her to sleep for auntie Ashley to get her away from crazy sleep deprived mommy
"The nerve of this woman wanting me to do such boring things as nap and go to bed before midnight"
6. Bathing...as in baths, not showers but baths...not a fan of the shower.
7. Eating and then trying her hardest immediately afterward to fight off the sleep that naturally comes from eating...this includes squirming and whipping her head back and forth almost as soon as she dozes off
8. dozing for like 10 minute catnaps thinking she's refreshed and exuberated
9. mistaking my frustration with her as entertainment and smiling and laughing at me...which in turn either makes me more frustrated or makes me play with her...exactly what she wants
10. Complain and cry...literally kicking and screaming until she gets her way

AND FINALLY

sleep...maybe if there is nothing else to do...no one else to see...nothing left to conquer.


I try to assure myself that is just a phase...she is just enjoying all her new awareness and it makes her super-excited to be social...but I feel like I am losing my grip on reality...


I am just so tired!!!!!!!!

It's just all the wakefulness makes her overtired which leads to this...

(notice the huge booger in her nose)

Here is what she likes to do if I just lay her down to sleep in her crib








Then smiles in her sleep about how she drives me bonkers!

No comments:

Post a Comment