Monday, June 29, 2009

Sweet Sixteen




My baby Olivia turns 16 weeks today. I cannot believe that 16 weeks ago today I was pushing her out of my loins...

I cannot believe she used to just live inside me...it seems so weird because she has such an intense personality...so unlike me...well I think I am pretty easy going anyway.

I have been pretty wound up as of late because of these new sleep issues...oh please help them to go away! I have been praying...yes family I pray...every morning that this will be the day she will settle back down and be on a normal sleep routine. It really has not been the same since Megan graduated from school and is home all day and Ashley moved back in...it makes for noise and I have a highly distractable baby it seems...

Everyday I am a bit perturbed that the powers that be is not acknowledging these often tearful pleas for help...I just feel so desperate these days. I have little patience with her and it just makes me tense and she gets stressed out and nobody is happy...it's very emotional to feel like your baby won't do the things she used to do so well...

urghhhhh well anyways I don't love her any less...I just feel physically and emotionally drained...it will get better I am sure...just don't know when.

So here is a list of her milestones from birth until now

-At two weeks she began to try and hold her head up
-At a month she could hold her head up for long periods of time
-At a month and a half she was sleeping through the nights
-At two months she could also stand upright when held
-At two months she could hold her head upright when laid down on her tummy
-At two and a half months she began to smile back socially
-At almost three months she became very, very vocal...she laughs, squeals, babbles, gurgles, razzes
-At three months she can push up on her arms during tummy time
-At three months she began to reach for things, grab and be able to hold onto them, bring them to her mouth
- At three months while on her tummy she can scoot herself around a little
- At almost 4 months when on her back she is starting to try and sit up...she looks so funny holding her head forward like she's doing little baby crunches

She is a funny baby and completely content to be interacting with people all day long...but she is exhausting because you almost have to constantly entertain her...not so good at entertaining herself or soothing herself that is for sure!

1 comment:

  1. The joy of being a mother! You just have to get used to no sleep or very little sleep! Sorry! You also need your own place to live, a quiet place! ha ha. Some of this is your hormones, some times it takes longer for them to surface, but they come. Only you know what is best for your baby, so good luck.

    ReplyDelete