Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Picky picky pickle!


Oh this baby! She is being so irritating lately! She went from eating anything and everything to eating NOTHING!!!! here is a list of what she will consume
juice
formula
mandarin oranges

AGHHHHHHHHHHH I am losing my mind!!!!! It is beyond annoying that she turns her nose up to everything...things she used to love! She will either just turn her face any from the food, let me put it in her mouth and the proceed to spit it out, or let me put it in her mouth and then stick her hand in her mouth and pull the food out. I feel like this is an exercise in persistence. How long will I try and how long will it take her to figure out she is not getting out of her highchair until she eats something!

What happened to my baby of just a month ago? From the time she began eating solids up until a month ago she would eat anything put in front of her, not anymore. I feel so frustrated! It is beyond annoying to try 5 different things in one breakfast, lunch or dinnertime period and she won't eat any of it. She will play with it, push it around, squish it in her hand or simply just throw it on the floor! Seriously I will make or prepare one thing and that fails, so I'll try something else -nope, then I will make yet another something to more refusals and will go on to try at least 2 more things before I literally want to shove it in her mouth and put my hand over her mouth and nose until she swallows...I have yet to do this, probably a mean thing to do!

Urghhhhhh!!!! It makes me sooooooo mad! I am done! Seriously if she wants to not eat, guess what she doesn't get to eat anymore! She can be a whiny little baby and have only bottles, like a whiny little baby. I am serious I am not gonna feed her anything but formula for like a week...maybe then she'll get the picture!
Oh and then of course my "self-proclaimed know it all mother" asks; did you try this, did you try that....blah, blah, blah. Emily she is just going through a phase, be more patient. Easy for her to say she is not the one who has to deal with her 24-7. She comes home and just gets to play with her. She doesn't change her, doesn't bathe her, doesn't have to listen to her in the middle of the night or early morning when she babbles away. She has the luxury of being able to see things differently. I just see how annoying it is! I take care of her 24-7 with little or no help from anyone else!
I need a break...a break I will most likely never get. Olivia after not eating breakfast and refusing all attempts at a lunch is in her room....crying. I figure if she doesn't want to eat she can take a nap...I know she doesn't understand the concept of this being a consequence of her being so picky at meals...but honestly...right now, I don't really care.
I guess today I won't win any awards for being a good mother...and guess what? Today, I am fine with that!

2 comments:

  1. If it makes you feel any better, Lauren (my 1st) would pretty much only eat baby food sweet potatoes, squash and cheddar cheese from about 9 months until she was 2 1/2- I kid you not! We were dumb enough I guess to go along with that little game until I finally confessed to the pediatrician and she told me to relax and just keep offering a variety, and after awhile Lauren figured out that she had to eat what was there. It was tough there for awhile though, so I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's rough! She'll come around though. Maybe she's teething or something??? Just keep offerring things and try not to worry if she refuses. She'll figure it out eventually. Good Luck!
    BTW, you should let your Mom or Dad babysit and you go out alone once in a while. You need a break!

    ReplyDelete