Wednesday, January 6, 2010

When she goes she's gone, if she stays...she stays here

Name those song lyrics! I don't know what they have to do with the post...other than my sweet baby has been absent lately and seemed to have made a return appearance this afternoon...here is the story morning glory-


So we are currently on day three of being super super crabby and sassy. And although my mother would beg to differ I am not referring to myself. The past three mornings instead of being awoken to jibber-jabber and coos I am abruptly ripped from sleep with shrill screams and shrieks and heaving sobs! OH DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA! And although I know it's stupid and pointless I get so irritated that I actually attempt to reprimand her for her behavior. Like she is intentionally being annoying and that she actually understands my idle threats.

"Olivia if you keep screaming I will not let you get up, you will have to stay in bed all day until you act like a nice baby"

Maybe she is some sort of maniacal baby genius and knows exactly what she is doing. Punishing mom for staying up way too late by waking up way too early!!!! Sometimes I wonder...it certainly seems like it at 6 AM. I think the most frustrating part is that she doesn't stop the screaming, shrieking or crying even after I pick her up....oh it makes me so mad!!!! Yesterday after I picked up my clearly psychotic child from her crib and tried to see if she'd cuddle with me in bed and go back to sleep, she was not having any part of it! She cried and shrieked and squirmed and pushed....I was so mad that I set her down in the middle of the floor in the darkness because it was still only like 6 AM

"Fine you want to act crazy, you can act crazy all alone there on the floor...when you want to be nice I will hold you".

Crying, shrieking, crying, screaming....this ultimatum was obviously falling upon deaf ears. But who's the idiot that somehow believes she'll actually understand....let's just say I am NOT A MORNING PERSON!

So this morning went the same as the past two mornings minus any promises of spending all day in her crib if she didn't shape up....I think at least point she had worn me down and resigned me to my fate of having to wake up at such an ungodly hour. She may have won this battle but I assure you I will win the war.


Crying, clinging, shrieking out into the family room and calmed down long enough for her morning bottle. After sucking down about 8 ounces I figure she will probably be okay to play on the floor and off of my lap...I thought wrong. After sitting on the floor with her on my lap and looking through toys that might cheer her up it takes about 20 minutes before I can safely leave her side.

Then breakfast.....urghhhhhh she would not eat!!!!! Oatmeal, no. Yogurt, no. Cheerios, no. Graham crackers, no. Finally she ate toast with jam to which of course I had to hear my mother put in her two sense (two cents?) about appeasing her with sugar....blah, blah, blah. Apparently I listen to my mother as well as Olivia listens to hers -----hmmmmm? Whatever after toast with jam and another piece with peanut butter and a sippy of apple juice...at least she ate something, hopefully she'd nap longer than the 30 minutes of the last two days. I mean seriously she had become just a great napper. Three naps a day for usually about 2 hours sometimes 3 in bed by 8 and would wake up about 8. These last three days it has been like 2 nap for maybe 30 minutes, bedtime around 8 and waking up around 6!!!!! Oh no no no no this will not do! Please just let this be cousin withdrawls mixed with a bout of teething!

So she goes to bed around 9... I make myself breakfast and then fall asleep while watching something crime related on 20/20 on WE. I awake to her Jabbers around 10. But I am so tired asleep on the couch that I choose to ignore her...of course with time the volume of her protests gets louder...I feel worried maybe she might be caught in her crib or something...maybe she finally figured out how to scale the thing and falls on her head, something traumatic and bloody. I tell myself she is fine and continue to ignore her angry voice down the hall. I wake up around 12....silence....no way I think, she couldn't have gone back to sleep....not after the mood she has been in the past 3 days, she is probably dead of head injuries from falling out of her crib. My mind always goes to the worst possible scenario, always paranoid she is somehow going to critically injure herself and die, she never does of course. I rack it up to first time over-protective motherness. I creep down the hall and check on her....sound asleep....weird. I take a shower and check again...still asleep, it's like 1:30!

Finally at about two I hear her sweet little humming she seems to have learned to do lately. No crying, or yelling or shrieking. I open the door, turn on the light and there she is my happy girl. She is so happy to see me, smiling, laughing, jabbering away about her baby dreams. My sweet girl is back! Hopefully she intends to stay. I guess she just need a nice long nap!!!! Just like her father! He is all fussy and whiny when he needs sleep too!



Don't we all just need a nice long nap! Oh to be a baby!

1 comment: