Sunday, November 22, 2009

Ants in her pants!

(Look at her new tooth!)


Olivia won't sit still these days. It is a nightmare to change her diapers, dress her, undress her, feed her a bottle, give her a bath. She is just a wiggle worm. It is so irritating! Especially changing the diapers or dressing her. She refuses to be restrained or held back. You have to dress her in steps. As in shove her head through the onesie, shirt, whatever...then she's off trying to escape. Grab her and move onto the next step. Next shove one arm into the sleeve...then she's off trying once again to free herself of your clutches not to mention clothes! And so on and so on again and again. Aghhhh then diapers ohhhhh! The wet diapers are easier to handle but you try to keep her still with poo all over her hiney while simultaneously trying to wipe it off...oh so crazy! She is out of control! She seems to particularly hate getting dressed...the onesie has become her worst enemy. I mean she has been getting dressed and wearing onesies for about 9 months now and she has hated it from the start...you'd think she'd be used to it by now. She used to not be able to get away however...those were easier times when I just had to deal with momentary screaming...now it's the screaming, crying, kicking flailing and lunging that really drives me crazy!


She also seems to be showing some pretty clear signs of being pretty spoiled for the past 9 months. She gets really angry if you tell her no. I know she understands it when I say it because she will stop whatever it is she's doing that I am objecting to. She will stop look at me and then either cry or ever so slowly continue doing it anyway. She is pretty funny. She also gets pretty worked up when you take something away from her. It is always something she should not be playing with in the first place; cords, plugs, phones, remotes, candy wrappers. She is so dramatic! She throws her head down like she's ashamed or something and slowly raises it back up with a huge full pushed out bottom lip and then the wailing! Oh it is so funny! And cute! And sometimes when I put her to sleep and I look back at her in the crib on the verge of tears that "whole dog and pony show" really breaks my heart! That little lip, when I know it's coming from a place of true hurt baby feelings...oh it's enough to make you cry! Although like 2 seconds after I shut the door she has stopped crying, resigned herself to her fate of having to nap or go to bed...so I guess she could win a little baby academy award for these dramatic skills of hers!

(Tell me that look isn't heartbreakingly cute)

1 comment:

  1. It must be this age. Amelia is the same with changing her. I have to strap her down or distract her with something while she's on the changing table for diapers. She hates it!
    Those pics of Liv are so stinkin' cute!!! That lip is killer!

    ReplyDelete