Monday, November 23, 2009

Did you know

(These all occupy the freezer in the garage)

That I love LOVE with a capital L-O-V-E making baby food? It drives my mother crazy! And to think it all started with my sister in law loaning me her "Happy Baby" food grinder. I was visiting her family in Idaho and I remember that lovely first churn of bananas...it was love at that first glimpse of the bananas coming up like worms from the grinder. Bananas are, for the record, still my favorite thing to grind, they really do look like little worms.


I don't know what it is but I will be lying in bed thinking of new combinations to make. Sometimes I even get up out of bed to make it while the idea is still fresh in my head. It's an obsession. And I like the idea that I know exactly what Olivia is eating. I also believe that if she is exposed to all different kinds of foods and different textures it will ensure that she will be a good eater and be open to try new things. So far she has not turned her nose up to anything. This girl will eat anything and everything and in addition to the "baby food", she also has had waffles, scrambled eggs, grilled cheese sandwiches drizzled in tomato soup. I try to follow all the guidelines of what foods she should have and what's age appropriate but I admit I have moved her onto other things when I have felt confidant that she will like it and do well with it.


(here is what everything is...)


So what has miss thang eaten thus far?

banana
peaches
pears
apples
cranberry
raisin
pineapple
mandarin oranges
peas
green beans
broccoli
avocado
carrots
asparagus
potato
chicken
beef
tuna
chicken noodle soup
mac and cheese
stoffers stuffing
rice (white and brown)
spaghetti
ravioli
apple juice
pear juice
white grape juice
tomato juice
cottage cheese
lemon yogurt
jello



And she has loved it all! My little gourmand!

2 comments:

  1. You are so funny! Make sure you have plenty on hand for Abe...although he is loving "people" food. whatever we eat, he wants. Crazy boy. Can't wait to see you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Em! I wish I had time to make all of Zach's food, but we usually just grind up whatever we are eating for him. I can tell you this, it sure makes for a good eater to let them try all those new foods. Have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete