Monday, July 20, 2009

La Nina, Mi Nina, Bonita Nina

The baby, my baby, pretty baby.



So Miss Baby finds the Spanish language completely hilarious. Some of this I am wondering if she remembers hearing early on in the womb when I lived in Santa Barbara. Full of Spanish speakers and of course we can't forget The Canary hotel break-room. Stereotype or not all the kitchen help and also housekeeping staff spoke Spanish...few understood both English and Spanish but the breakroom was always full of Spanish chatter. Whether that be the housekeepers gossiping or the Spanish soap operas always on the TV. "El Diablos Guapos" being the "opera" of choice..."The Handsome Devils" for those of you that aren't familiar with Spanish.




So anyways the other day I decided to ramble off my vague recollection of Spanish to miss baby. You see I took 4 years of Spanish in high school and one year in college but I must say I am VERY rusty. I understand it much better than I can speak it. In fact if someone is speaking rather slowly I could tell you what they are saying...just don't ask me to talk back...yikes. But back to the story...I started to name body parts off to Olivia while dressing her after a bath. And she started to giggle like crazy. She has only giggled like this a few times before so of course I had to keep it up to hear that melodic noise...it feels like Disneyland and Chocolate to hear her laugh! Right then and there I decided that I was going to talk to her in my elementary Spanish everyday and Mitchell vaguely understands and speaks French so we are going to have a tri-lingual on our hands....ENGLISH, SPANISH and FRENCH.



Everyday after her bath we will go over her body parts in all three languages. And at the very least I'll get to hear her angelic laugh

No comments:

Post a Comment