Saturday, July 18, 2009

Where in the world...is Emily Larsen?

Have you seen this girl?
Cause...
I have not
in quite some time...

and I miss her


"In the immortal words of the Beatles...."Get back, get back, get back to where you once belonged."

So yeah...I have felt more like a "Mom" these days than anything or anyone else. Come to think of it I have felt pretty "out of myself" since becoming pregnant so in other words I have not felt like "Emily" in over a year.

I need reminding that I used to have a fashion sense (well my own anyways), I used to do my hair, I used to wear makeup, I used to genuinely enjoy being me.

These days...not so much.

I guess with having a baby it has finally dawned on me that I probably don't really need to be shopping in the juniors section anymore.

Which is troubling because I mean what choice do you really have...it's like teenager or grandma when it comes to most options...at least affordable options.

I don't know. I feel like I need to re-invent myself. Which in some aspects I sorta have...I mean I cut my hair and dyed it dark...but I have done that before so maybe....I don't know maybe that doesn't count.

I want to be a grown-up...but where does a grown-up shop? Here is what I have decided about clothes these days.
No more tanks tops...not a modesty thing just more of a "I hate my arms kinda thing".
No more busy patterns or designs on shirts...uckkkk blah...I just want to be simple.
No more stupid band or logo t-shirts.
I have a thousand pairs of jeans so I WILL LOSE WEIGHT in order to wear them comfortably because I am not buying a larger size in jeans.
I just might have to wear exclusively skirts this summer cause jeans are tight and hot and I would not be caught dead in shorts.

Now of course the tank top thing might be tough because it's hot as hell outside and I have like a million tank tops....we'll see.

Also I am going to start to wear my jewelry again. I miss it and it used to be very much a part of my identity. Rings and necklaces...all that "hippy shit" as Mitchell would say.

However I have noticed that necklaces and babies do not mix all that well...she like to pull on them...ehhh oh well.

I put on a necklace the other day just around the house and oddly enough it made me feel happy to feel myself slowly remembering who I used to be.

Oh it's going be good to feel good about myself again. To venture out beyond the world of yoga stretchy pants and ponytails.

The bra issue is still a major pain in the ass. I swear there is just no comfortable nursing bras out there...Then again I just realized the other day that my boobs are probably not a B cup but in fact a C cup and that probably could have something to do with my unsuccessful quest in finding a comfortable "over the shoulder bolder holder"....Did I mention how much I hate having boobs?

cause.....

I EFFING HATE HAVING BIGGER BOOBS!!!!!

Who is this chick I see in the mirror these days? I mean besides this little chick's mama




Oh it'll happen...I'll "get back to where I once belonged"...

Cause even the smallest task of putting on my old hippy jewelry made me feel like it was all coming back to me...

Here I am today....ehhh I am trying people okay?


























1 comment:

  1. Let me know when you re-find yourself again, because I feel like I am always re-inventing myself and still am too cheap to shop what I think is "my style". Someday....

    ReplyDelete