Monday, July 6, 2009

What do you get when....

You use an anti-itch lotion and some weird un-explainable on-going(post-partum) come and go insect bites-like rash on your legs?

Wait about ten minutes and you get freezing cold legs...must be the menthol?

I once had sore legs, like muscle sore, from some silly thing like exercise (exercise, what's that?) and decided it would be a good idea to rub icy-hot on them

"icy to dull the pain...hot to relax it away".

Oh man I could not sleep all night! My legs alternated between feeling like icicles or like they were on fire. You see when it comes to medicine, ointment, pimple cream, lotion, conditioner...I seem to figure if a little is good, A-LOT must be better...

Well not so in the case of icy hot or anti-itch lotion!

Here is another example of my anti less is more tendency. I got in a really bad car accident a few years back. I messed up my shoulder pretty good and the doctor prescribed some muscle relaxers. I was in so much pain especially at night that I figured one night that instead of taking the 1 I was supposed to take I was gonna take two. Which proved to be a pretty good idea once they kicked in and I layed on my bed in a daze. Well right before falling asleep I had to pee. I went to get out of bed and upon standing my legs just buckled beneath me and I fell to the floor...I could not move! It was crazy and well I stuck to the 1 pill after that.

You would think I would remember that more is not always better or at least remind myself of this but I never do...

Apply this to my entire life and there you have "Emily in a nutshell".

Or just change the "in" to "is" and drop the "shell" and what does that leave you?

"Emily is a nut"

No comments:

Post a Comment